Tuesday 19 February 2008

bhagti like an athlete

ik oankar satnaam gurprasad||
dandauth bandhana ji
 
 
On one of the recordings Baba Ji said we have to be like an athlete whilst doing bhagti (practise of spirituality).
He meant that we have to be that dedicated and devoted and focused on winning over the mind.
 
For years I remember that whenever I wasn't focused on work or family , I wasn't focused on bhagti either.
It was a wrong belief i had that I was just working because i had to and it had nothing to do with bhagti.
Actually the attitude I have to my work, to my family, to my health, is the same attitude that carries over to my bhagti.
 
If I am lazy at work, unorganaised, easily distracted, not able to concentrate or focus on one task then my work suffers and also I suffer because i do not feel good about myself.  Then when i go to sit for bhagti, i am also unorganised, dont go to sleep on time, dont get up on time and  make excuses that I have no time to do bhagti.
 
However, when i am organised in all aspects of my life, I have more time for bhagti, I have more time for work, I have more time for family and I waste little time doing things that are not helping me eg watching endless hours of TV.  And then when i sit for bhagti I alsoo am able to concentrate better because my mind is used to doing what i tell it all the time.
 
So get organised, get focused like a top athlete and make time for bhagti.
 
 
May Baba Ji bless us all to make his words come true for each one of us.
 
dust of your feet
Harjit
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sat sangat and sat baba ji quotes 52

Sat Bachans from Dassan Dass Ji... There is no BRAHAM GYANI OR SATGURU BIGGER AND BETTER THAN TRUST, LOVE AND DEVOTION. Trust, LOVE AND ...