Thursday 5 November 2015

Walking past the homeless and hungry

Satnaam ji,

under ego I  thought I am giving to homeless people. Under attachment I thought I need to hold onto my money. Under selfishness I walked past.  Under greed I held on to my food for my lunch and shared nothing with the hungry.

Under logic the homeless should work,  like I do.  If I give to them I encourage  them.    Under cold heartedness I walk past them and look away like all the other busy commuters.    No one else gives why should I? 

Under the mind my heart cries "how can you eat without sharing while others starve?"   In empathy I remember how it was when I had little and the government benefits helped me.  When I was down and out and stuck in a rut.    Feeling of failure and under a  depressing cloud.   

Under grace I forget my mind's logic and remember satguru ji said,"have a giving attitude to all." And "service is on your doorstep." 

So now everyday we fill our pocket with snack bars and give to all homeless and hungry we see.   We even ask their name.  We don't look away.   Under grace we realise I (ego) am not the Giver, there is, was and always will be only one giver, whom may I never forget.  

"Gura ik deh bujhaee. Sabna jeea ka ik data so ma visar nah jaee."

(Baba Nanak ji). 

The One who is giving to us everything everyday, and giving to others through us as well.   Logic mind never understood, in ego only saw me and mine, us and them.  

Gura ik deh bujhaee.. Only guru gave me this realisation of the One: God is the only giver to all creatures whom may I never forget. 

It's not about logic, it's only about heart. Give to others, God gives to us, trust, there is no loss in the guru's house.

Satnaam satnaam satnaam satnaam satnaam satnaam satnaam satnaam satnaam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sat sangat and sat baba ji quotes 52

Sat Bachans from Dassan Dass Ji... There is no BRAHAM GYANI OR SATGURU BIGGER AND BETTER THAN TRUST, LOVE AND DEVOTION. Trust, LOVE AND ...