Thursday 2 April 2009

Re: Sodarshan chakra kriya & powers

 
QN FROM expertofexpert:
 
Hi, i was wondering if anybody knows what siddhis does Sodarshan chakra kriya bestows. i would really like to know. i am doing this kriya especially because it is a powerful subconcious cleaner, still i would like to know what siddhis will i attain.:)
REPLY FROM Karta Purkh S Khalsa:

The best siddhi of all, power over the self!
 
REPLY FROM expertofexpert:

,,The best siddhi of all, power over the self!''
what really does this means:)
and i heard that there are 18 ocult powers that it bestows:)
still the one to have power over myself sounds great:)

REPLY FROM HARJIT:
 
Guru Gobind Singh Ji wrote "ridh sidh Sabh Moh Ha" meaning that these occult powers are nothing more than attachments.
According to Bhai Gurdas Ji , a blessed soul of the time of the earlier Gurus, Guru Nanak Dev Ji had a deep conversation with the Sidhs - Yogi Masters of these Powers and they showed him things like flying, turning invisble, walking on water and so on just to impress the "boy" Nanak.  The called him "boy" because they thought he was very young (compared to the very old age - another power) and therefore impressionable.   They then asked Guru Nanak Dev Ji to show them his powers.  Guru Nanak Dev Ji replied that even if he could move heaven and earth, it would still be nothing more than the passing of the clouds and without SATNAAM (God) there is nothing.
 
"O respected Nath(Head Man)! Please listen to the truth that I utter. 
Without SATNAAM I have no other miracle.
I may wear the clothes of fire and build my house in the Himalayas .
I may eat the iron and make Earth move to my orders.
I may expand myself so much that I could push the Earth.
I may weigh the Earth and the sky against few grams of weight.
I may have so much power that I push aside anybody just by saying so.
But without SATNAAM, all these powers are momentary like the Shadow of the clouds."
 
(Bhai Gurdas Ji Var 1)

Then the holy men tried to use their Supernatural powers (Sidhees) again but they found they had all been taken away by God. They fell at the Guru's feet in humility and humbly asked to be blessed with the greatest gift of Naam - SatNaam.   While there is EGO we chase after desires, including desires for occult powers.  when there is no ego, then all that is left is the Truth - SAT NAAM.   Ask yourself, what would you rather have - all the created powers, or the Creator?
 


"I bow before the God-Guru who announced the SATNAAM mantra."
 
(Bhai Gurdas Ji Var 1 Line 1) 
 
 
Dust of your feet
Harjit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sat sangat and sat baba ji quotes 52

Sat Bachans from Dassan Dass Ji... There is no BRAHAM GYANI OR SATGURU BIGGER AND BETTER THAN TRUST, LOVE AND DEVOTION. Trust, LOVE AND ...