Friday 17 April 2009

A Marriage Made In "Sach Khand"

Satnaam ji- dandauth bandhana ji,
 
The following takes the marriage imagery from Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji for the union of a soul and Supreme Soul: atma with Paramatma
====
 
A Marriage Made In Sach Khand
-----------------------------------------------

by Harjit with Guru's blessing

I was a lonely soul girl, living at in my Maya home with my worldy parents.  My father Fear was quite dominating and I never wandered out alone to find True Love.  My friends : Anger, Pride, Lust , Greed and Attachment  and hobbies : Desire, Jealousy and Slander helped me to pass the time, but as I got older I could no longer ignore the feelings in my heart.   I met an older girl in ainternet chatroom and she told me her story and how she found True Love and was happily married.    So I stayed out late one night to go and meet her.  She was so happy and told me her Husband was sitting on her bed, and when she looked in the bed of my heart she said "Yes, I can see you're still lying their alone, still looking for True Love."    She also told me that her husband had a great harem with millions of happy wives and I could join the harem too.    It sounded to good to be true and when I got home  my father Fear   gave me a scolding.  He made me feel so small and worthless and I just crawled back into my box.  

 

But a few more years went by and my friends had betrayed me many times so i didn't trust them anymore.  And my hobbies were just not interesting anymore.     I told my Father I was no longer scared of him and he should arrange my marriage or I would find True Love myself.        He frightened me with his words of what could happen if I went out alone and that I belonged to him and had to live under his control.    But dying was better than living with this unbearable ache as I lay alone on the bed of my heart.       I ran away and slammed the door shut on my wordly parents , friends and hobbies.  I ran through the streets with screaming and shouting,  I saw my reflection I was a short, ugly girl, my hair was a mess, my clothes were dirty - who was ever going to marry me?   So as I sat their sobbing, the older wife from the chatroom came and picked me up.   I told her I had no where else to go and that I had left behind all my friends, hobbies and parents.  She hugged me and took me to her house.  

 

It was amazing, there were so many beautiful gurmukh  brides there.  Each decorated perfectly , smiling and blissful.   They sat me down and fussed over me.  They told me how to become a forever bride a SADA SUHAGAN as they called it.    I touched their feet, no that wasn't enough to show my appreciation for taking me in, I pressed my forehead on their feet and lay flat like a stick at their feet.  As I got up I applied some makeup - the dust of their feet - on my face.  They took the jewels of their Husband's Word and strung them together around my neck and said keep these jewles close to your heart, the Husband will be pleased with you.    The touched my forehead and blessed me saying look through this every morning in the early hours and watch eagerly for your husband to come home.   

 

Then they sat me in the carriage and ast all around, talking about how their own marriages  were performed and all the wonderful experiences they had had since.  They said it all started with doing true deeds and rejecting the five bad friends and wordly family and nasty hobbies as I had.  Then they met the vichola - the middle man, they called him the SatGuru.  He had arranged thousands of marriages to the Husband and now they took me to see him.   I was so excited , surrounded on all sides by the Gurmukh brides, they told me what to say and how to behave.  To be humble and loving, to bow my head in respect and touch the Satguru's feet and to totally surrender to his word.     

 

The Gurmukh brides went in first and met the SatGuru, they fell at his feet and lay flat like a stick, how could they ever repay Him for what he had done for them?  Again and again they were a sacrifice to the Satguru.     So I copied them and felt very humble too.  They introduced me and he was pleased with my devotion and committment.   I told him I too wished to be a SADA SUHAGAN but was just a lonely girl, DU-HAGAN. He took pity on me and said he would put in a good word for my with the Husband.   I had heard whatever the SatGuru says becomes true, whatever marriage he says will be performed happens, so I was very pleased and couldn't stop smiling inside.         Then he said on my part I had to start replacing the ache in my heart with love the Husbands name.  And the name the Husband had chosen for himself at the very beginning was TRUTH or SAT,  infact I should just remember the One Husband whose Naam is "Sat" (Ek Oankar Sat Naam) with love with my inner voice and look through the window in the middle of my forehead.   He gave me the Sat Guru's blessing, GUR PRASADI NAAM and said REMEMBER TRUTH , do TRUE DEEDS and you will become TRUTHFUL.  That pleases the Husband more than anything else.

 

I was so happy,  my engagement ceremony had happened.  My Satguru had arranged the marriage, the Husband was happy to go through with it and all I had to do was to keep calling out his name inside me and to keep looking through the window and waiting contentedly for as many days and months as it would take.

 

All the gurmukh brides and I went home singing the praises and talking of the wonder and amazement of it all.  They told me before it rains there are many signs, change in the wind, colder air, chirping birds, rustling leaves.    And I too would know when the Husband would be arriving on the bed of my heart to perform the divine union and fill me with True Love.  There would be an invisible band playing the five sounds like wind, percussion and strings.  There would be divine light and sweet drops of amrit, there would be LOVE sweet LOVE.  So now I sing the praises and await the day, and stand here with the wedding dress of spiritual humility and love for the NAAM.  Infact I remember seeing the Husband once, but I was an ignornant bride then and turned him away while I played with my 5 friends and wasted time on my hobbies and was content with living under the roof of Father Fear.  But I wouldn't be making the same mistake twice.

 

Gurprasad.
 
dust of your feet
Harjit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sat sangat and sat baba ji quotes 52

Sat Bachans from Dassan Dass Ji... There is no BRAHAM GYANI OR SATGURU BIGGER AND BETTER THAN TRUST, LOVE AND DEVOTION. Trust, LOVE AND ...