Tuesday 11 November 2008

trip to india - sangat with Deepa


satnaam satguru satsangat ji - dandauth bandhana ji
 
With Guru ji's kirpa we have returned safe and well from two weeks in India.
Three years ago we were blessed to meet Dassan Das Ji and Deepa from the village.
Deepa was only 16 , a thirsty soul and blessed by Dassan Das ji with Gurprasadi Naam on the marble walkway around the
Golden Temple.  We did sangat together, with his mum and dad three years ago in the cold evenings.  IT was blessed time for all.
 
However, since then Deepa, without sangat, without email , without kirtan , Deepa felt he had not progressed at all.
Even though he had cut his hair and gone through the backlash of the family.  Some are amritdhari but still believe in the historical Baba Balak Nath.
Hi Aunt even channells for Baba Balak Nath to pass messages - just like her father-in-law did.  To them that is their path.
However, when he recently went with his aunt to the local temple, where the current Baba runs the group, his aunt bowed, but he did not have the
feeling to do so.  He felt, since I no longer believe in this path, I cannot bow.  He just sat down and did his satnaam simran best he could.
Later at home, his parents came around his aunts and she started channelling.  Baba Balak Nath's spirit came through. 
It told his parents that he did not bow at the temple.  It told him that he needed to stay on Baba Balak Nath path.  It told his family
that he was going on the wrong path.    Faced with his family and the spirit of Baba Balak Nath pressuring him, he remained unaffected.
Such was his faith in Dassan Das ji's blessing from 3 years earlier, they couldnot budge his resolve.  He moved out to train as a chef and faced
bullying from his colleagues, but never lost his belief in Satnaam.   His family now accept him as he is and support his career and faith.
We were blessed to have his sangat for a whole week.  He booked a holiday and twice a day- morning and evening we did naam simran together.
All this year I have been praying for satsangat again, and he has been praying for it too.  God-Guru answered our prayers.
 
The first morning he came and sat next to me and with Guru's kirpa I placed this hand on his forehead and did simran.  Felt lots of amrit in my navel
chakra.  From past experience, I think this meant some of his spiritual blocks were being cleared. We walked and talked about satnaam , satguru and satsangat only.  We spent the whole first absorbed in this in the sunshine and green crops.    After a couple of days I was feeling a lot of love when doing simran for him, praying for him.  Just as Dassan Das ji has explained in Astpadi 15 of sukhmani , that by being kind we bring kindness in, the more we gave, the more Baba ji gave to us.  One morning I felt lots of amrit, and he did not.  So I stood up and prayed for intuition to clear his blocks using satnaam and reiki attunement.  We meditated and sent the symbols into his chakras.   Afterwards he said that, wereas before he would only feel amrit when i put this hand on him, now he felt is all over his body , from head to toe.  The following days he was able to close his eyes and feel amrit instantly all over his body when doing satnaam simran, without need of this hand.
 
Also explained to him that when we meditate so much, maya is far.  But when we finish, maya will come to test us.  And how do we recognise maya,
baba nanak ji said that maya causes son and father to fight, breaks every relationship.  That is when someone would come into the room and by frustrated with me and try to have an argument, as she felt I was brainwashing Deepa or misleading him.  I smiled at maya in her and refused to take the bait, just said i will paint my face on the wall and she can carry on arguing with that for as long as she wanted to live with anger inside her.  Living with anger within her was her choice, but I have chosen not to live like that.  After that she did not mention it again.
 
I told Deepa Ji about Baba Ji and we phoned baba ji.  Baba ji was so kind, we accidently woke him up, I apaologised, baba ji had no annoyance, he just said "When it was written for you to call, you called."  HE blessed deepa ji with another boos of gurprasadi naam.   Deepa felt so much more amrit after that.  I encouraged him this time to build a relationship with baba ji.  To call baba ji say once a week without fail.  Satguru Sajjan Milia ...SAtguru is our Best Friend, our True friend, the only one who stands with us in life and in death. So make friends with Baba ji.  So even after i went, he would have Gur-Sangat of Satguru Sajjan.   Deepa told me next day that he had called baba ji again and spent hours and hours crying afterwards.   I said same had happened to me before,
it was the tears of his soul, cleaning up the filth of countless births.
 
Deepa also told me that his Aunt had not been well, she had been channelling excessively for baba balak nath and it had made her sick, weak and frightened her family.   Since Dassan Das ji and my visit 3 years ago, they had got into the habit of doing satsangat and naam simran together, but when Deep would sit near her doing his naam simran, she would not be able to sit.  She became agitated and aggressive towards him, in the end they all stopped doing sat sangat together because of this adverse reaction  (it was the spirit in her that couldnt tolerate the naam - they didnt understand they needed to carry on till it left her).
When he told me I had a lot of compassion for her soul and asked Deepa to phone baba ji and for her to be blessed by his kind grace.  Deepa was resistant,
almost like he felt she deserved it.  He said she goes arouind channelling on purpose, she doesnt want to stop, my family go wherever they can get the desires fulfilled, they follow anyone and everything.  I said, "No, she was sick, she is being tormented, and God has sent you Baba jii to help her.  All God is waiting for, is for you to show some compassion and to pray for the weak, the distrssed , the poor and the needy.  IT will also open your heart too."  These words must have struck him, because he agreed right away. Next day he told me that baba ji had blessed her and that Harjit should do simran with her.  Deepa then told me how she had been in previous sangats and thought she wouldnt come.  I explained to his mum what baba ji said and asked her to ask her.  After all I couldnt really go up to her and force her to come to simran if she didnt want to.  I prayed that if she was destined to come she would.
 
After that, Deepa asked me to come and do simran at his house, unknown to me he had invited his aunt, his cousins, his mama and mami too and his parents.  Such a big sangat all expecting so much from me - but i know i am unworthy, full of misdeeds, full of five thieves and all the filth of the world.
The reason his mama and mami ji had come was because they had been married 6 years and were having problems having a baby.   Deepa's mum had invited them.  Reason being, a couple of days before we had done simran together and I could see she was unable to focus, eyes open, head moving as she looked around, and looking uncomfortable when she closed her eyes.  Even though she wears a kirpan and gives daswand to her sant , she couldnt concentrate.  I said to her afterwards reasaon the mind cant focus is because we dont give up our wants.  She said the major want that was on her mind was not for herself but for her brother and wife  (deepa's mama and mami ji), for them to be blessed with a child - that was her constant want.  I said to her that baba ji also explained to me that its ok to pray for the benefit of others,  I said I would ask baba ji about it.    Anyway, they came to the sangat and we played the satnaam simran cd (Indi Kaur - satnaam chanting 30 min) .   I prayed for them all, called upon Baba Ji to use my mind, body and soul for their benefit.  That I am just an unlit lamp, so I request baba ji to bring his gur-jyot and light me up and shine into everyone's heart.   Felt so much love, light and blessings, directed all the light and amrit to Deepa's aunt who channelled,  to mama and mami too.  Deepa told me afterwards he felt light coming through him going from his palms to everyone.  He asked me if that ok, I said that was GREAT!  That was exactly how it happens, when we become nothing then God-Guru Satnaam-Satguru Baba Ji becomes everything and shine through us.
 
I could see them all shining like flowers with focused minds. At the end of the 30 minutes, his Aunt looked hot and uncomfortable, like some shifts were taking place within her.  She said next morning she enjoyed it (far from the days when she would have been agitated and aggressive).  Also his mami was like a flower in the sunshine,  next day his mama said it was hard to concentrate but he could see the benefits and did simran again and felt amrit swirling him around.  He said he would open his eyes as he thought he was toplling over, but he was sitting straight.  Close his eyes and feel again like he was swirling aorund.  I explained that was the amrit cleaning him up.   We spoke to baba ji after the simran and I said to baba ji "I dont know anything about birth and death baba ji, please bless Deepas mama and mami ji."   Baba ji spoke to the mama ji and explained to him that all of God's gifts (daat) are received through naam, seva, and punn daan - (naam simran, selfless service and virtuous giving).  They said they would do so.  Next morning we were taling and they said punn daan (giving) should only be of clothes and food not money, explained to them what baba ji had said to us, that any beggar or homeless person who comes to us is not to be turned away empty handed.  See it as our karma we are repaying them what we owe them.   If they ask for a certain amount, give it to them.  If they ask without specifying an amount, give them waht you feel is the right amount.  Told them the story of when we went to india last time and I had resolved to carry out this teaching of baba ji to the letter.  Outside the Golden temple, I gave 10 rupees to a beggar who had asked.  Deepa and wife and other relatives said I shouldn't have done that as "now other beggars would come."  I said, "that's ok, I'll give them all the same in the name of Baba ji."     Later on, the wife had 3000Rs stolen from her handbag as she queued to bow.  When she told me I laughed and said, "I was ready to give 300 beggars 10Rs each, wereas you were forced to give just one 3000Rs!  Plus I gave it with an open heart, wereas you had it snatched away!"
 
Deepa asked baba ji when he would see him in India, and baba ji replied "See me in Harjit" and when Deepa told me that I said to him, "And I see Baba ji in you".  HE did dandauth bandhana to baba ji in me, I did dandauth bandhana to baba ji in him.  This is how we started our simran, this is how compassion to help him have simran, filled me with love and led us both to Truth - Truth Love and Compassion as Baba ji says.
 
We were blessed, blessed, blessed - dhan dhan dhan jan aayaa jis prasad sabh jagat taraiyaa....blessed blessed blessed is the coming of that God's Devotee, by whose grace the whole world is ferried across.  Thankyou baba ji for everything, what you have done for me I cannot every repay or even understand. Please keep me always and forever under your feet, please may i keep you always and forever in my heart.  Please may i always see you in every heart, in the sat sangat, in my "enemies" so called, in everyone - You, only You, only You.  May I always thank for what I have rather than resent for what I havent got.
 
Finally, the last test was passed, when we became a little bit more fearless and unafraid to lose our wife, our house, our kids and our comfort zone, when we finally overcomae the barrier that was stopping me coming to sangat.  Now will be able to go again.
 
dust of your feet
 
Harjit
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sat sangat and sat baba ji quotes 52

Sat Bachans from Dassan Dass Ji... There is no BRAHAM GYANI OR SATGURU BIGGER AND BETTER THAN TRUST, LOVE AND DEVOTION. Trust, LOVE AND ...