Monday 18 May 2015

Who am I?

Satnaam Satnaam dassan dass ji, some follow questions ji

1. Who is the one that is controlled by the mind? The one that can choose to do simran?

REPLY :   You are the divine being, the JYOT, the soul.

2. What is the mind? Just the sum of all thoughts and a decision maker, like a cpu?

REPLY :  Yes.   Mind is when you say "I  do."   JYOT is when you say, "God does."

3. As the five demons control the mind, are they not part of the mind?

REPLY :  Yes,  the five demons are destructive powers that drive the mind to make stupid decisions that ruin the human life.

Gur Preeto :   So we are the soul (jyot /divine light. Name of the light is Truth, Sat naam) in this body container, bombarded by thoughts and decisions of the mind.   We forgot we were the jyot and started believing the mind,  eg "I am Sikh,  I am male, I am the doer, I am someone,  I want this, I dont want that, I like him, I hate her etc"    That is the false identity,  the darkness.  

So when we do "Satnaam Satnaam" under grace we conquer the mind and remember (simran means remember) who we really are I. E the jyot.

Gurbani is always negating the mind:

"na kuch keea,
na kar sakta,
na karna yog sareer.
Jo kush keea,
so sat keea,
rakh leho kabeer gareeb."   

Neither did I (false identity) do something (to be proud of),
nor can I do anything,
nor is this body capable of doing anything (by my power).

Whatever was done,
Satnaam (infinite divine power, our soul) did it,
o Lord keep me as your own
says humble Kabeer.

REPLY :  You have explained it well.

What your satnaam simran does is that it defeats these destructive powers and brings everything under control of the Param JYOT.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sat sangat and sat baba ji quotes 52

Sat Bachans from Dassan Dass Ji... There is no BRAHAM GYANI OR SATGURU BIGGER AND BETTER THAN TRUST, LOVE AND DEVOTION. Trust, LOVE AND ...