Thursday 14 March 2013

Some thoughts


Satnaam

Be positive about what we do,
Rather than negative about what others are doing.

--

Ego has opinions about everyone and everything, o ego I have listened to your nonsense all my life, so no more, I have no more energy to waste thinking over and over about this and that, whatever time I have left in the world, I will just wash everyone's feet in my heart with love -satnaam, satnaam,satnaam.

---
The party

All my senses keep me absorbed in the outside world, loud music, bright lights, tasty food, perfume smells good, intoxicating drinks, a lover's touch while dancing. All the senses are bombarded at a party. Just to create a feeling of  happiness inside.  Better to still the senses and go inside, but without satnaam Satguru's grace, people only see darkness.  But with satnaam there is truth,love and devotion, kindness and compassion, divine light and gurbani to melt our heart.

--

It's not other people who are bad company for us, it's the company of the five thieves that destroys us.  So give the sangat of five thieves and desires, and keep only the company of the truth - satnaam inside your heart.

Ik sang joree sabh sang thoree
Joining with the company of one god, I broke with all other company.
-gurbani.

So part company with your five thieves and desires and you can keep company of the so called worst people in society and be unaffected by them. Intact, by you keeping sangat of one satnaam in your heart, you will transform them.

--

It's not that I don't have desires any more, its just my desire is inward for living in the love of satnaam, singing his praise, loving his lovers, serving him in one and all.  It's only the desires due to unfulfilled worldly wishes which keep you in the outward chase and hence a slave of Maya getting slapped with pain after pain.

--

It's not that I tried to overcome the fear of death and disease by being macho like a soldier fighting against them.   Its just that I have put all my faith into the guru and hold onto his lotus feet with love in my heart- satnaam.  Love replaced the fear.  Nirbhau means satnaam is fearless. 0% fear =100% love.

--

It's not that I am not a Sikh, it's just that I am a devotee of Truth, satnaam, and no longer a follower of man-made religion which divides people into pride of their tribe and hatred of those outside.

--

Its not that I divide my day into time for god, time for wife, time for job, time for kids.  God is the blood running through my veins, the amrit running through my astral body, satnaam is my very lifeforce, the petrol that lets this car drive the wife, the kids and do the job.

All thanks to satguru, who told us that love is in us and all around us and that is where these divine thoughts come from, by his loving kindness, like a mother feeding her child one spoonful at a time with love in her heart and no thought about her own hunger.

Brahmgiani ka bhojan gian.
Brahmgiani ka naam dhian.
The divine wisdom is food for the saint.
The divine name is what the saint is surrendered to.
-gurbani.

Satnaam.





--
Preeto.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
Yahoo Messenger :  sachyara@yahoo.com
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sat sangat and sat baba ji quotes 52

Sat Bachans from Dassan Dass Ji... There is no BRAHAM GYANI OR SATGURU BIGGER AND BETTER THAN TRUST, LOVE AND DEVOTION. Trust, LOVE AND ...