Tuesday 6 November 2012

Gaining Your Name I meditate

Ik Onkaar SatNaam SatGurParsaad

We were inspired to write this translation one morning at amritvela, it is a poetical translation of "Naam Milay ta jeeva"  by Guru Arjun Dev ji.   When we sing it we are very thankful to our own SatGuru Baba Ji and Dassan Dass ji for everyting they have done and continue to do for us.


Gaining Your Name I meditate

I have not appreciated
everything that you have created.
Blessing me with the inner yoga,
my search for you is nearly over.

There is nothing good about me,
I am far from being holy.
Yet, you have shown me your mercy,
my friend, my Guru, You have set me free.

Gaining your Name 
I meditate, SatNaam.
Mind and body 
rejuvinate, SatNaam.


We have recorded a simple sung version of this here.

We also recorded the original gurbani shabad to the same tune here.


--
Preeto.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
Yahoo Messenger :  sachyara@yahoo.com
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sat sangat and sat baba ji quotes 52

Sat Bachans from Dassan Dass Ji... There is no BRAHAM GYANI OR SATGURU BIGGER AND BETTER THAN TRUST, LOVE AND DEVOTION. Trust, LOVE AND ...