Thursday 22 December 2011

The more hurt you get, the deeper your heartfelt prayer to God needs to become

Satnaam ji,
  
the more hurt you get, the deeper your heartfelt prayer to God needs to become.  But, in ego, people get hurt, so they either fight back in ego, anger, hatred and revenge.  Or they become completely down and depressed.  Actually it is only ego that wants to fight back, and it is only ego that gets depressed and feels that its self esteem has gone down.
 
So get out of reacting in ego and realise when ego is filling your head with thoughts.
 
Turn everything that happens to you into a humble prayer to take you closer to God.  That is what all of Gurbani is - the humble prayers of the devotees of God. 
 
Read the following about Bhagat Namdev ji, he was just singing God's praises and got thrown out of the proud Brahmin's temple.  Neither did he shout back at them  in anger, nor did he get depressed.  He turned his hurt into a prayer to God.
 
"Please do not forget me, do not forget me, please do not forget me, O Lord. The temple priests have doubts about this, and everyone is furious with me. Calling me low-caste and untouchable, they beat me and drove me out; what should I do now, O Beloved Father Lord? If You give me salvation after I am dead, no one will know that I attained salvation. These Priests, these religious scholars, call me low-born; when they say this, they tarnish Your honour as well. You are called kind and compassionate; the power of Your Arm is absolutely unrivalled" (Guru Granth Sahib, page 1292).


"As Naamdev uttered the Glorious Praises of the Lord, the temple turned around to face the Lord's humble devotee" (Guru Granth Sahib, page 1164).


"The Lord turned the temple around to face Namdev and its back to the priests" (Guru Granth Sahib, page 1292).

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Bhagat_Namdev_at_the_Temple

 

God Bless You.



--
Preeto.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Yahoo Messenger :  sachyara@yahoo.com
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sat sangat and sat baba ji quotes 52

Sat Bachans from Dassan Dass Ji... There is no BRAHAM GYANI OR SATGURU BIGGER AND BETTER THAN TRUST, LOVE AND DEVOTION. Trust, LOVE AND ...