Friday 21 May 2010

Dealing With Jealousy

SatNaam
 
Dandauth Bandhana
 
 
This last week I have noticed that on seeing very successful people I find my self feeling like a failure.  Wether they have been successful in business or in spirituality, hearing their stories only makes me feel low.  Years ago, when I was young and bright-eyed, those same stories inspired me to also achieve the same.   So why not now?  When I look within it is because for whatever reason, no matter how hard I tried at times, I was unable to get achieve that same success. (Actually to be more accurate I did achieve success at times, but right now I dont feel successful.)   So now when I hear those success stories it only makes me feel disappointed in myself and if I wasnt more self-aware I could easily become jealous.  But that is not a good feeling, so go within  and find that the root cause is my own feeling of failure.  So rather than getting jealous or feeling bad, I go to Gurbani. And Guru Ram Das ji gives me hope, where there is no hope left.  Gurbani gives me the words to say and how to pray, to turn negative feelings into something positive.
 
"O God, You are the Hope of all. All beings are Yours; You are the Wealth of all.
O God, none return from You empty-handed; at Your Door, the Gurmukhs are praised and acclaimed.
In the terrifying world-ocean of poison, people are drowning-please lift them up and save them!
This is servant Nanak's humble prayer. ||4||1||65||"
 
Here is the complete Shabad, it is very beautiful and from the heart.  And in the same way Guru Ram Dass Ji offered his prayer to His Satguru Amar Das Ji, we too
can offer it to our SatGuru ji (whoever that is for each of us - Baba ji, Dassan Dass Ji, Jesus, Mohammed, Guru Nanak and so on).
 
 
Siree Raag, Fourth Mehla, First House:

Within my mind and body is the intense pain of separation; how can my Beloved come to meet me in my home?
When I see my God, seeing God Himself, my pain is taken away.
I go and ask my friends, ""How can I meet and merge with God?""||1||
O my True Guru, without You I have no other at all.
I am foolish and ignorant; I seek Your Sanctuary. Please be Merciful and unite me with the Lord. ||1||Pause||
The True Guru is the Giver of the Name of the Lord. God Himself causes us to meet Him.
The True Guru understands the Lord God. There is no other as Great as the Guru.
I have come and collapsed in the Guru's Sanctuary. In His Kindness, He has united me with God. ||2||
No one has found Him by stubborn-mindedness. All have grown weary of the effort.
Thousands of clever mental tricks have been tried, but still, the raw and undisciplined mind does not absorb the Color of the Lord's Love.
By falsehood and deception, none have found Him. Whatever you plant, you shall eat. ||3||
O God, You are the Hope of all. All beings are Yours; You are the Wealth of all.
O God, none return from You empty-handed; at Your Door, the Gurmukhs are praised and acclaimed.
In the terrifying world-ocean of poison, people are drowning-please lift them up and save them! This is servant Nanak's humble prayer. ||4||1||65||

 
http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=118 (you can hear the shabad here as well as read the Gurmukhi)
 
 
Please forgive us , just a crow in the presence of swans.
 
Dust of your feet
Harjit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sat sangat and sat baba ji quotes 52

Sat Bachans from Dassan Dass Ji... There is no BRAHAM GYANI OR SATGURU BIGGER AND BETTER THAN TRUST, LOVE AND DEVOTION. Trust, LOVE AND ...