Wednesday 21 April 2010

Sikhism today is very different from Sikhism of the Guru ji's times

SatNaam
Dandauth Bandhna ji
 
Sikhism today is very different from Sikhism of the Guru ji's times. 

At that time, there was a BrahmGyani (knower of God i..e Guru) and the BrahmGyan (knowledge of God i.e. the gurbani) and the Sikh (the disciple).  If you read gurbani it praises the BrahmGyani, those past Gurus and Bhagats are telling us their life story, they say - I was struggling with pain, I was outcaste, I was hurting, then I met the Saints, I did their sangat, I was blessed with Naam from the Saints, I was blessed with divine wisdom from the Saints and I realised the Saint's soul was actually God on Earth, so they say to us, the reader of their words, to do the same.
 
But, now modern Sikhism has completely cut off the need of BrahmGyanis, and instead they say when you read the word Brahmgyani, or Sant, or Bhagat, or Guru in the Gurbani, it just means Guru Granth Sahib.  They say that Guru Granth Sahib is the JYOT i.e. soul of the 10 Gurus.   So they treat it as LIVING GURU i.e. they imagine it is Guru Nanak sitting in the Gurdwara.  Anyone who does actually become a manifested light in their soul i.e. pargatyo jyot i.e. God becomes Guru in their heart, is rejected in Sikhism with taunts like "he thinks he is Guru nanak, he thinks he is bigger than Guru Granth Sahib" .
 
So when you read translations you have to know this modern sikhism is being promoted in the translation, and tries to overrule what the saints actually wrote.
 
So I went thru the stage that I said , from now on I am only going to believe what Gurbani says, not what the religion has wrapped around it to overrule it.   And everything that Baba ji has said and taught us fits in with gurbani, but does not fit in with the outer Sikh religion, that is why they dont like it.
 
 
dust of your feet
Harjit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sat sangat and sat baba ji quotes 52

Sat Bachans from Dassan Dass Ji... There is no BRAHAM GYANI OR SATGURU BIGGER AND BETTER THAN TRUST, LOVE AND DEVOTION. Trust, LOVE AND ...