Friday 12 March 2010

Chanting SATNAAM

QN:
On 11 March 2010 20:25, Kurt Dornauer <kdkurt@hotmail.com> wrote:
Namaste Harjit ji,
   Thank-you for your inspiring e-mail. I will remember your wise advice. To answer your question about how I am chanting, I am chanting silently while moving my lips and tongue, as this has been the directive of my Guru for some time now. This is the stage that I am ready for according to my Guru. Can you please briefly explain to me again what method of chanting/meditation on the NAAM brings the greatest effects? I was a bit uncertain about what you wrote. Can you please tell me how one meditates or chants NAAM that will bring it into the heart chakra? I was hoping you could just clarify that point for me. Thank-you for all your kindness and wisdom. I will always bow at your lotus feet. You have blessed me so much and you are a great servant of God. You are doing great work and you are very inspiring. PEACE.
   Sincerely,
   Kurt Dorauer  
REPLY:
SatNaam Kurt Ji,
Dandauth Bandhna ji,
 
its not really in our control to do naam simran in our hirdha, if we try to force it, then we fail because  it is ego that is trying to make it happen.  Then that is like banging your head on a closed door, leading to frustration at why the door opens for others but not for us.  Which then can lead to giving up even trying.    But even in that expereince of trying to do simran in the heart there is DUKH (pain) which is a lesson from the Master (SatNaam).  And what is that lesson?  As Guru Nanak Dev ji writes in JapJi -"No power to speak, no power to stay silent. No power to ask , no power to give.  No power to live, no power to die.  No power to rule which causes problems in the mind.  No power to contemplate divine wisdom.  The One who has the Power in His hand, is doing and watching everything.  Nanak says: no one is low or high."
 
Guru Nanak Dev ji is telling us our ego that it has no power to do anything at all.
 
So we are all reaping what we have sown, we are surrounded by people and problems/gifts as per our past deeds.  There is
no use of our ego complaining or wishing for things to be different.
 
But there is hope, there is one way to breakthrough and that it to become a beggar at God's door.  To go with pressed palms and to do our prayer for the depths of our heart.  To say to our Divine Guru (as all our prayers go through him to God), that "My Dear Satguru, other than you I have no-one.  I am a foolish idiot who has come to your sanctuary. Grant me your Grace and unite me with God." - Guru Arjun Dev ji (meray satguraa ma tujh bin avar na koee. hum moorakh mugadh sarnaagati, kar kirpa milay har soee."
 
It is by becomnig a beggar 24hrs a day, and doing ardas like this, constnt humble prayers at the Guru's feet within your heart, that one day He showers His mercy and moves tha Naam around our pyschic centres (chakars) as and when we are ready.  It is our heartfelt humblness and love that moves God to bless us. 
 
Please read the following article which explains in detail how to do simran.  And there is a beautiful ardas within it by Dassan Dass ji that we can do all day long.  Try it and see what happens .
 
 
We have also shared this email with the group.
 
Dust of your feet
Harjit


 



Your E-mail and More On-the-Go. Get Windows Live Hotmail Free. Sign up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sat sangat and sat baba ji quotes 52

Sat Bachans from Dassan Dass Ji... There is no BRAHAM GYANI OR SATGURU BIGGER AND BETTER THAN TRUST, LOVE AND DEVOTION. Trust, LOVE AND ...