Friday 17 October 2008

move to India to get away from everything

QN:


Need advice plzz help

Sat Nam,

Right now i live in Canada and i want to move to India to get away from everything.  To be able to find a place where one can be allow a place of peace with no disturbance, maybe later on might return to fulfil ones doing, but for now at this present time just want to be allow a place where i can let go of this duality and find that which one truly longs for.  What I'm trying to ask is do i need a visa to move to India and where will be a place which you recommend to go for the beginning for arrival (a place to settle down at the beginning) ,until later on when one decides to relocate.  All help is much appreciated, i only speak English for now and I'm 27.  It feels as i have to be in a positive place and right now strangely i feel kinda out of place.  Material things don't attract me, it more makes me what to be away, guess cause so many people are caught up with it and they forget bout whats really important.  I am sure glad there is someone
like you in my life,  Again thank you for everything and especially for being you.  Light and love always and will opening up to soon

ROBINDRA

 

REPLY:

Sat Naam Robindra,
 
funnily enough I was very close to emigrating to Canada a few years ago.
I also justified it in many ways - mainly that it would help me spiritually.
Baba Ji said to me that God is here and God is there too.  What really makes us move is our karma.  If we have give and take to finish in that place then our karma makes it our destiny to go.  But dont think it is for spiritual reasons, because at the end of the day God is within you, closer to you than your hands and feet, closer to you than your breath, closer than even your thoughts.   What helped me then was to really understand what the root cause of my discomfort was.  Then praying to God and with Baba Ji's blessings, I was able to come to peace within and with those all around.
 
I've been to India many times (am born and bred in the UK),  it is beautiful and it is the most corrupt place too, you can meet saints and sinners on the same corner.   Dont be fooled by your imagination.  The mind always paints pretty pictures , like the carrot that makes the donkey walk forward.  The reality is different when you get there.
 
Look within, make peace within, pray for the Guru's blessings of Sat Naam, pray for God to bring the lght into your heart, to shine from your face, to calm the five thieves, to find a place at the feet of the saints.
 
I said to baba ji "It is so hard to find the saints", he replied, "they are everywhere, its only our ego that makes us blind."
 
dust of your feet
 
Harjit
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sat sangat and sat baba ji quotes 52

Sat Bachans from Dassan Dass Ji... There is no BRAHAM GYANI OR SATGURU BIGGER AND BETTER THAN TRUST, LOVE AND DEVOTION. Trust, LOVE AND ...