Tuesday 8 July 2008

use it or lose it

Satnaam Ji satguru jii satsangat ji, dandauth bandhana ji
 
I was saying to my brother the other day that since going to the gym and excercising on a regular basis my muscles have bcome really strong and my aches and pains have gone - the back aches, the knee problems, the neck problems too.  Most have cleared with doing yoga stretching before that, but now i am able to run without my knee getting inflamed and that is due to the leg muscles being strong.  For me this is a miracle as its been 20 yrs since i got injured and had operations following which my knee was never the same and sports have been out of the question.   Although I remember 20 yrs go when i first became injured and turned to God that I used to read anand sahib every day and the words that gave me hope were "dukh rog santap utray sunee sach banee" ..that all my pains and sufferings have gone snce hearing the True words....just didnt know it would take this long.
 
I was reading about Tiger Woods and 2 months ago he had the same knee op I had back then, but when the Doctors told him he'd miss the next competition, he defiantly told them "I will win the next competition."  And he did...other paers said they could his his knee creaking  ass he walked round.
 
The difference between him getting better in 2 months and me in 20 yrs was this:
a) he was highly motivated, he had high self belief,  wereas I was alone away from home and fell into despair, doom and gloom.
b) he had best doctors and best physical support and excercise programme day and night, wereas i only went to the knee classes once a week
c) he knows his inner ability, the power of his mind over his body, he knows what this human body is capable of regardless of what the experts say.
 
My brother, a physio said about our muscles, "Use it or lose it" ..so we are given a body we dont maintain it, we get backaches, other problems, lose hope , despair and settle for suffering for the rest of our days.  But gurbani has given us hope and faith in the amazing potential of this human body and staying positive we can overcome everything.
 
Baba Ji also said about the spiritual gifts we are given, that we need to bring them into our life, all new teachings , we need to put them into practise straight away - otherwise we lose all those gifts as well.
 
So use it or lose it.   Use your muscles and make your body stronger, use gurbani and your spirit stronger, or lose it all.
 
Dust of your feet
 
Harjit
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sat sangat and sat baba ji quotes 52

Sat Bachans from Dassan Dass Ji... There is no BRAHAM GYANI OR SATGURU BIGGER AND BETTER THAN TRUST, LOVE AND DEVOTION. Trust, LOVE AND ...