Friday 12 October 2007

So you feel you haven't got enough money?

Sat Naam
Please accept my head at your feet in service.
 
We moved house recently, it took ages to get a buyer and then we agreed the price and I was thankful to God that we could move on.  But soon afterwards I kept thinking, "O I should have held  out for a higher price."  On top of which other family members started telling me, "you know the house was worth at least 10K more."   Then we put an offer in for another house and offered 20K less than that asking price.  The seller accepted it. But was I happy?  Well, I was at first until my friend said, "You should have offered 30K less."  Then I started thinking, "I wasn't tough enough, I should have come in low."   Then a few weeks ago I sold the car for less than the asking price, and yes you've guessed it - I was happy at the time, but afterwards the mind started saying "You know you should have held on for another 100."   THIS MIND DOESN'T STOP TORMENTING ME!!!!
 
Then I remembered what Baba Ji taught me, that everything that has happened in the past was God's Will - the HUKAM.  Meaning it happened exactly how it was meant to happen.   The only way to stop the mind from regretting every decision in the past is to tell it, "The price that was agreed was exactly the price God wanted it to be."    And when the mind says, "But if you add it all up, the 10K you undersold your home for and the 10K you overpaid for the new house, you are 20K worse off. You know Harjit, you could have cut down your mortgage - now you'll be lumbered for a few more years - and all because you're no good at negotiating."   I took Baba Ji's wisdom and told the mind, "Well actually mind, the amount of money I have right now is EXACTLY the right amount.  The amount of money I have right now in my life is exactly the amount I am supposed to have according to the HUKAM. SO MIND - STOP COMPLAINING."
 
dust of your feet
 
Harjit
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sat sangat and sat baba ji quotes 52

Sat Bachans from Dassan Dass Ji... There is no BRAHAM GYANI OR SATGURU BIGGER AND BETTER THAN TRUST, LOVE AND DEVOTION. Trust, LOVE AND ...