Friday 3 April 2009

sharing experiences

Satnaam Satguru Satsangat ji,
Dandauth bandhana ji
 
Dearest Dassan Dass ji has requested us to share experiences
 
"For the entire Satnaam Parivaar this is our humble Benti not to hide but to share your spiritual experiences, this will enhance your divine wisdom, your Bandgi will go higher by doing so, there is no seva bigger than uniting with Satnaam and helping others unite with Satnaam. "
 
 
With guruji's kirpa we would like to share the following, that I am full of five thieves, egotistical full of anger, lazy at work, controller of kids, fearful of future, not very kind or compassionate to all the poor and needy in the world and just turn a blind eye to adverts, charieties and other requests.  That
I am thankful to Guru ji for showing me all of my weaknesses,  that I am am proud of my looks and my body with every glance and have to remind myself that it is all god's gift , not mine at all.   That I like to think that I am doing simran for longer hours, but in reality anm just falling asleep I think, that I sing on the vaja and ego thinks it is singing well and wants an audience and praise.  ThaTI send emails thinking i know something, but really i dont know anything ...meree math thoree raam, meree math thoree ram, meree math thoree ram.  ThatI should stay quite, try harder , do more simran see Satnaam kartapurakh in everything and stop trying to control things and just let things be.
 
That is the greatest expreince for Guru ji to show me all of my weaknessess, all of the black spots that need to still be cleaned up.  all the parts of the day that are still absorvbed in maya in forgeting satnaam kartapurakh.  That I lack enough love and devotion. As many drops as there are in the ocean is as many faults that I have.  but still with Guru ji;'s kirpa we have one power, the power of ardas and we pray to guru ji to always keep us humble and under his grace and to keep us moving forward rather than slipping back.  and that everyday seems much like the day before, same routine , same things happening againa dn again tha ti could drive a person mad, but with guru ji;s irpa within the sameness of everyday , there is achance to be better everyday, to be more humble, more kind more loving.  Its a crazy life we live, going round and round in the cycle of day, weeks and months and years and then to disappear like billions before us and billions yet to come.
 
In terms of spiritual expereinces, now and again we have been blessed with some glimpses over the last few months since we resolved to give daswand oftime and effort.   First couple of months were just very frustrating and god showed us we were coming in ego and fear and that was causing frustration.  then we relxed and let god do as He wanted.  sometimes we have felt amrit in our feet, in our hands and in our chest.  In our hands is almost every day, and hands have been on my inner laps.  And some healing must have happened as for the last few years we have had a little bit of urine that doesnt quite get expelled when urinating.  however after walking around it dribbled out into our underpants.  more annoying than anything else.  But since doing simran every day for the last few months that problem has gone away completely.   
 
Also the first expereince when i was wondering if i am just falling asleep, I had a dream/vision and saw my deceased cousin and was so happy to see him.  Then I remembered he had passed years before and said "but how can you be here?"  He replied, "You are in smadhi and our grandparents will be coming soon too."     My ggrandparents are in their 80s in Canada, so that got me worried. Then I prayed to god that I dont want to be channelling for my cousin or anyone as thats not my target.  since then he has not come back.  another we were playing SATNAAM from Baba ji's sangat and in our smadhi was sitting in a living room with some very relgious relatives of mine.  They were also listening to the same Satnaam, and I was so happy that they were open minded enough to listen to SATNAAM SATNAAM that my hand went up into ASAN and amrit went pouring towards them from the palm of the hand.
 
Several times I dont remember everything except that I have been crying at Baba ji's feet.
 
It doesnt seem like any of these things are very big in themselves, but looking back over the last few months, with guru jis kirpa my ANGER, irritability and trying to control kids and things has greatly reduced,  so much so that last coupleof weeks have been feeling a lot of love listening to WAHEGURU kirtan of Sant Niranjan singh ji.  Jus tmixing satnaam kartapurakh into it in our mind and feeling the love.
 
Even a week ago wife and younger daughter had a really massive tantrum/argument and there anger was triggereing my anger, but with Guru ji;s kirpa first took a deep breth, did ardas to Guru ji to keep anger at bay, then went and calmed them all down.  Normally i would have made it even worse.  Been praying for them everyday and their anger thieves have left and they have been very happy this week.
 
In the evenings i used to get frustrated so many things to do and kidsnot listening ot helping as much as i wanted, but now have accepted it is ablessing that i can bea slave to serve them, and just do ardas in my mind "Satguru ji may i make the sandwiches with your grace, may i wash up with your grace, you take care of everything."
 
Even yesterday  , sat down did kirtan with bothe children and it was very uplifiting, and i know the evenings are starting to be conquored too.
 
Every Friday in satsangat I feel lots of Amrit at the top of this head, like its being opened up and connected to the Light and that is all thanks to namjeevan ji and the Sat Sangat for creating such a holy sacred place, otherwise i never feel that.
 
The other morning I was sitting before simran and just thinking how lucky I am to have met great souls like Harmeet ji, Sweta Ji, Om Ji, Taranjeet and all of the satsangat.  really really great souls and at such a young age.
 
Every morning i look at of the window feel the fresh air in my lungs and thank the air for keeping this body going, and then thank the NAAM , SATNAAM for supporting the AIR.   Then thank the Rain and rivers for keeping this body alive and thankign SAT NAAM for supporting the Water and thank Great Mother Earth for supporting us all, giving us a chance to do bhagti, then thank SAT NAAM for supporting the Earth,
 
The greatest experince is being thankful, being a servant, feeling some love  and that is what Baba ji said to us from dayon eof meeting him, that all we have to do is beat our 5 thieves and desires.
 
dust of your feet
Harjit
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sat sangat and sat baba ji quotes 52

Sat Bachans from Dassan Dass Ji... There is no BRAHAM GYANI OR SATGURU BIGGER AND BETTER THAN TRUST, LOVE AND DEVOTION. Trust, LOVE AND ...